Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Monday, January 09, 2006

Pot Pill

Every time another piece of research like this is published, I incrementally raise the odds of the pharmaceutical industry developing a "pot pill." I don't think that would necessarily be a bad thing. Perhaps a synthesized version would be even better than the genuine article since smoke in one's lungs is generally not a health-promoting activity. Still, I think that it'd be unfortunate that a casualty of this nearly inevitable development will be the loss of the medical marijuana "beachhead" that the anti-prohibitionist forces had established. Hopefully progress on that front will be so substantial at that point that it won't matter. One can hope. Cause it'll be pretty hard to argue for granny's right to smoke grass when the doctor can just prescribe her a pill. Oh well. Big Pharma 149, The Rest Of Us 0.

Seriously, I wonder what will the commercials for the pot pill be. People running through fields and on the beach of course, but will it be interspersed with clips from Cheech and Chong movies? Snoop Dogg should definitely be asked to appear. I, for one, am looking forward to it. Still, I don't think any drug commercial can top the Levitra ad when the dude throws the football through the tire swing, grabs his wife, then backhands the ball into the shed. Ahh, metaphorical imagery.

This blog is based on a true story.