Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Healthy Hillary

As I often do, I was perusing the blog of the award-winning goddess, Her Slitheressness, and read a predictably excellent post about the last couple first ladies. Within the post were a few quotes where the various speakers dared to dig up the incredibly sexist and insulting memes "Hillary playing assistant president" and "who is Hillary to foist healthcare policy on us, 'cause the little (first) lady wasn't elected to anything."

The question that comes immediately to mind, of course, when confronted with such idiocy is "Who the heck elected Karl Rove to anything, and exactly what is he playing at?" Something tells me this is a query the Joe Scarboroughs of the world (who says things which are alternately encouraging and infuriating) would not know how to answer.

This blog is based on a true story.