Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Monday, August 15, 2005

Dove Season

Not that I care in the slightest that this guy's feathers are in a ruffle because of Cindy Sheehan's protest, but what exactly did he mean by this?

And yesterday morning, as Cindy Sheehan and a small gathering of other antiwar supporters prepared for a worship service, he stood in his goat pasture and fired a shotgun into the air.

''I'm getting ready for dove season," he said when reporters pressed him. ''I'm practicing."
I'm not a hunter, so please forgive my ignorance. Is there an actual dove season, as in Mourning, Rock, White-tailed, et al., or does he mean "doves" as opposed to "hawks?" The article says he's not to fond of the pro-war demonstrators either, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But I wonder...

This blog is based on a true story.