Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Saturday, September 17, 2005

I Can't Keep Up

How do these bloggers do it? How do they find the time to post so often? How are their posts so consistently well written and well researched? I can understand Atrios and Kos and Josh because that's their living. I'd have to think that the guys like Yglesias and Drum get paid by their respective publications, so blogging is sort of their job, too. I get the big group sites like Crooked Timber, because the time investment is split up between all the contributors. But how does a site like Majikthise manage? How the heck do Jesse and Amanda post so much? What's Echidne's secret? Does Steve Gilliard have a Time Turner? Is there a 1985 Delorean under a tarp in Billmon's garage? Do they have jobs? Do they blog at work? I mean no disrespect here. I'm honestly asking how they do it. Can 5,000 hits generate a living wage?

The Dodeca-job and the Dodeca-wife and the Dodeca-baby take up a lot of my time. I barely have the time to read the newspaper let alone compose thoughtful essays. Even more strange is the fact that the weekend seems like the time for light blogging for most of these guys. Heck, Saturday and Sunday are my most productive days. If it wasn't for the weekend, I'd never post! I don't mean to rant and rave but flipping Google just kicked me off AdSense for some reason that I don't understand and took away the 45 odd dollars I thought I'd earned. Oh well. Easy come, easy go.

This blog is based on a true story.