Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Kanye West

Speak it, Kanye. God, I hate scripted TV emoting. Homeboy took one look at the stupid script for the stupid celebrity congratul-a-thon and went off on his own blasting Bush's hapless response to the hurricaine. What did he say? Just what everyone was thinking but too afraid to actually say. I hope NBC raised a lot of money and I hope that money will make it to those people and projects that need it most, but do we need all the sugar-coated crap about spirit and profundity? I mean, the people wading in the sludge right now can't be watching, so it sure as hell isn't for them.

Instead of this ridiculous emotional masturbation, what we need is for some heads to roll over this. Because as long as we sit back and accept this pageant of bungling as a-o-k, it will happen again and again.

This blog is based on a true story.