Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Poison Control

It's almost unbelieveable to think that there are still three more years of slow motion freight train wreck left in Bush's presidency. As long as America makes it out alive, maybe that's a good thing. Yes. At this point, I'm really glad he won. I truly am. I'm even starting to wish I'd voted for him. Just so I could say that I had foresight enough to have a hand in the crippling of the corrupt modern Republican agenda.

Time for another analogy folks. The Bush presidency is like if you drank a giant gulp of turpentine. The poison control people will tell you, "don't make yourself puke! It'll do more damage on the way up!" Well, electing Kerry would have been like puking. Oddly enough, I sort of barfed in my mouth when I voted for him, but that's another story. The point is, if America can ride out the pain and suffering of the rest of Bush's term, the long term result will be much better than if we'd tried to intervene in the middle. People are already starting to see what a joke the GOP legislative agenda is. They're slowly starting to realize that what Tom DeLay's been telling them was grape juice is really a big old jug of that turpentine.

And at this point, what else can a man do but drink a big glass of milk (midterm elections?) grab his aching stomach, and hope there's no permanent damage.

This blog is based on a true story.