Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

White Sox Win

I can't figure it out. How could every ump on the field miss the call? I've seen the replay about 15 times now and I haven't seen the ball hit the ground yet. Oh well, it's about time a Chicago baseball team got a call like that. Maybe getting first base was a gift, but Ozuna stealing second to get into scoring position, Crede driving him in with double to left, Buehrle pitching 9 sparkling innings (including absoulutely schooling Garrett Anderson in the top of the ninth with a guy on third) were simply good baseball. I don't think the homeplate ump was calling a very good game anyway. He kept calling low strikes on Sox hitters, which no doubt contributed to their swinging at virtually every ball in the dirt from about the sixth inning onward. Which could be why Pierzynski swung at that low pitch? Baseball is a funny game.

This blog is based on a true story.