Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Priorities

The Republican leadership in Congress clearly has its priorities straight. Joe Barton, chairman of an Energy and Commerce subcommittee, has dedicated himself to conducting a "serious investigation" of a "deeply flawed" system.

"Too often college football ends in sniping and controversy, rather than winners and losers," Barton said. "The current system of determining who's No. 1 appears deeply flawed."
No word yet on any Congressional "serious investigation" of the "deeply flawed" and wilful mishandling of intelligence that has effectively embroiled us in a victory-free regional conflict. But hey, I understand. They'll get to it when they get to it.

Joe Barton, if my memory serves me, also voted against Katrina rebuilding funds. Great guy, Joe. Sure loves his Longhorns.

This blog is based on a true story.