Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Celine Dion

The recent Celine Dion/Anastasia "cover" of AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long in Las Vegas (where else?) is getting a surprising amount of attention. Don't get me wrong here, it's real bad - especially the very beginning where Celine plays air guitar on what I can only imagine to be an apparition of Derek Smalls many-necked bass. But the fact remains that however badly the aforementioned duo butchers the spirit of the song, I am obliged to admit that they are both capable singers. In addition, even intentions as misguided as these cannot hope to sully the innate rock and roll awesomeness of the song itself. In other words, they might have tried their best to ruin it, but in that endeavor they had as much hope for success as a tag-team raid of Constantinople. So good for a laugh at Celine's expense I guess, but worthy of so much remark? I'm not so sure about that.

Nevertheless, Celine Dion is indeed one of the most frightening beings in the cosmos, and nowhere is that more apparent than in the video below.

Let's just say that if I was a member of this unfortunate family, the next thing you would have seen was a cloud of dust and a hole in the wall roughly shaped like my silhouette.



This blog is based on a true story.