Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Monday, December 18, 2006

Petty Dislikes

I don't know about any of you guys, but I absolutely HATE IT when my waiter at whatever restaurant starts me off with a "so, is this your first time to Buffalo Wild Wings??" "Have you ever been to The Olive Garden before??" I almost always answer, "yes, I come here once a month," even if it is my actual first time, which it usually is, since having had this question put to me means I will be ruling out a return. Maybe this petty dislike is just an offshoot of my general loathing of chain restaurants (for the most part, they are indistinguishable from fast food). The notion that I will require, beyond what can be gleaned from the menu in under 4 seconds, special knowledge to order the "bottomless pasta" is honestly too much for me to bear.


This blog is based on a true story.