Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Thursday, July 07, 2005

If It's Too Good To Be True...

Found this in the ol' inbox today:

Dear Friend,

I have a profiling amount in an excess of US$450M, which I
seek your partnership in accommodating for me. You will be
rewarded with 40% of the total sum for your partnership. Can
you be my partner on this?

INTRODUCTION OF MY SELF:
I am Ms.KIMAEVA LIOUDMILA, a personal secretary to Mikhail
Khodorkovsky the richest man in Russia and owner of the
following companies: Chairman CEO: YUKOS OIL (Russian Most
Largest Oil Company) Chairman CEO: Menatep SBP Bank (A well
reputable financial institution with its branches all
over the world)

SOURCE OF FUNDS:
The documents of the above funds in question was handed
over to me to be used in payment of an American oil
merchant for his last oil deal with my boss Mikhail
Khodorkovsky. Already the funds have been deposited with
A TRESURY SERVICES PLC UK ,where the final crediting is
expected to be carried out. While I was on the process, My
Boss got arrested for his involvement on politics in
financing the leading and opposing political parties (the
Union of Right Forces, led by Boris Nemtsov, and Yabloko, a
liberal/social democratic party led by Gregor Yavlinsky)
which poses treat to President Vladimir Putin second tenure
as Russian president. You can catch more of the story on
this.

http://newsfromrussia.com/main/2003/11/13/51215.html

YOUR ROLE:
All I need from you is to stand as the beneficiary of the
above quoted sum and I will arrange for the documentation
which will enable A TRESURY SERVICES PLC UK transfer the
sum to you. I have decided to use this sum to relocate to
American continent and never to be connected to any of
Mikhail Khodorkovsky conglomerates. The transaction has to
be concluded in 2 weeks before Mikhail Khodorkovsky is out
on bail.

As soon as I get your willingness to comply through my most
private email address [kimeva@mail.ru] I will
give you more details.
Thank you very much

Regards,
KIMAEVE LIOUDMILA


Just one question: should I invite KIMAEVE to gmail?

Anonymous said...

Technology truly is an inescapable aspect of our daily lives, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further advances, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.livejournal.com/491.html]R4[/url] DS NetBlog)

This blog is based on a true story.