Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Wimbledon

48 winners in a straight set championship victory? Yeah, I'd say Roger Federer looked pretty good out there. Andy's got more personality, and I was kind of rooting for him (it'd be nice to have an good old fashioned back and forth rivalry), but Federer is in a place where you just have to sit back and admire the brilliance of one of the all-time greats.

Federer was completely in control for the entire match. Roddick's approaches were weak, and it looked like he got stuck at the net every time he went for it. And Federer's passes were absolutely devestating. I would like to have seen Roddick at the top of his game as well, because I don't think he played at his peak, but I'm not sure that anyone could have beaten Federer today.

This blog is based on a true story.