Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Left Inert? I Think Not.

Here's a quote from a recent post on the Daily Dish.

That goes for politics more generally, I think. With liberalism so intellectually inert, all the most interesting discussions and debates are within conservatism itself.
Now I don't begrudge Andrew for saying this, as he is still a conservative and I would expect us all to believe that it's within our own side where the truly important discussions are taking place. But I can't see how anyone could say that the left is completely inert. After all, Guaranteed Healthcare For All Americans is a pretty big idea, no? Energy Independence? Am I missing something here?

This blog is based on a true story.