Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Monday, August 29, 2005

Barbara Bush

Just grabbed this off the Corrente title bar:

"Why should we hear about body bags, and deaths, and how many, what day it’s gonna happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Oh, I mean, it’s not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

- former First Lady Barbara Bush on Good Morning America, March 18, 2003
Honestly, I don't even care if this is out of context or not. What an absolutely disgusting statement. I think even the infamous "let them eat cake" was more socially aware. Personally, George Herbert Walker always struck me as a basically decent guy. Smart, experienced, accomplished, and hated by conservatives. So I never understood why his son was such a wilfully ignorant nincompoop. I had heard tell that Barbara was really the queen of the pride, but I never saw any corroborating evidence. Until now. I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

This blog is based on a true story.