Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Flip Flops

Easy come easy go, I suppose. No sooner do I hear the unbelievably good news that curry prevents cancer, than I come across a study concluding that flip-flops reside right between flame retardants and spent nuclear fuel rods on the scale of dangerous toxic substances.

The Sun also says that German researchers revealed last year that 14 out of 25 pairs of flip flops they studied contained toxic chemicals known to lower sperm count in men and attack the liver, kidneys and reproductive organs.
Yikes. What next? I-pods emit invisible waves that disrupt heart rhythms? Weber grills cause insanity? Playing backgammon hastens the onset of arthritis?

This blog is based on a true story.