Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Good Health News

Excellent. A consortium of sugar beverage companies are yielding to pressure from anti-obesity advocates and will sell only bottled water or 100% juice during school hours in U.S. middle schools. Seeing as I'd rather see a 5th grader smoking marijuana than knocking back a liter of Mountain Dew (I'd prefer neither, of course), I consider this fantastic news.

The pop companies will still be able to peddle their crap during after school hours, but I have to think that eliminating lunch-time sales will do a lot for the health of American children. Hopefully, parents will have enough brains to put forth their own policies and not stock the worthless junk at home either.

This blog is based on a true story.