Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

They Still Don't Get It

Paul from Powerline on yesterday's special election in Ohio's 2nd congressional district:

I should add that, although the Democrat, Paul Hackett, made some nasty references to President Bush, he also ran an ad that made him appear to be a pro-Bush Marine supporting the work of our troops in Iraq. Presumably the nasty references (on Chris Matthews' show for example) were aimed at national leftist contributors, while the pro-Bush stuff was for consumption by the voters.
When will the bozos on the right learn (rhetorical question, I know) that supporting the "troops," as in "hoping they don't die," "praising them for their sacrifice," "ADVOCATING FOR VETERANS BENEFITS WHEN THEY GET HOME!!!!," has virtually nothing to do with supporting Bush or his ridiculous idea to invade Iraq?

If someone sets my house on fire, and big red flashing trucks come screeching in to put it out, do you mean to tell me that my savaging the reckless arsonist who destroyed my property, wasted my money, and killed my goldfish is somehow an affront to the firefighters? Think, people!!!

This blog is based on a true story.