Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Chuck-Speak vs. Chuck-Vote

Sen. Chuck Hagel says Iraq starting to look like Vietnam. Starting? No matter. I suppose Sen. Hagel would know as well as anybody what does and doesn't look like Vietnam. What remains to be seen, however, is whether Chuck knows what truly and actually opposing current policy looks like.

Hagel said "stay the course" is not a policy. "By any standard, when you analyze 2 1/2 years in Iraq ... we're not winning," he said.
When you start voting against these self-styled "non-policies," Chuck, I'll take you at your word. Until then, I'll consider this the worst kind of grandstanding: the have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too variety.

This blog is based on a true story.