Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Sense of Humor

I saw a commercial the other day for a dating service that said it paired its clients based on different personal characteristics. One of these measured qualities was "sense of humor." After they mentioned that they included humor in the analysis, a guy came on for a testimonial or something. He said, "I want a woman with a great sense of humor - someone who'll laugh at my jokes whether they're funny or not."

Hmmmm, I thought to myself. If you laugh at jokes that aren't funny, doesn't that mean you have an extraordinarily poor sense of humor? If I smelled chocolate chip cookies baking no matter where I went, don't you think it'd be a little odd to go bragging about my great sense of smell?

This blog is based on a true story.