Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

9-11 Memorial

Jeff Jarvis is angry about the seeming politicization of the proposed memorial for the 9-11 site. I myself think that anything other than a celebration of the victims lives is utterly inappropriate. No agenda-laced paeans to freedom, no pictures of any blue-fingered Iraqis, no remembrances of injustices suffered or perpetrated, just the people who died and the lives they led.

Personally, I think the best idea for a memorial comes from Donald Trump. His idea of another set of twin towers, only this time done bigger, badder, and better seems about right to me. No agenda, just the indomitable spirit of America.

This blog is based on a true story.