Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

GOP Wants To Abolish Social Security

So Bush is back to begging for "ideas" (code for: taxes he can accuse the Democrats of trying to raise). Isn't this the same guy who said "I want to lead" about 10 times during a bumbling appearance on Meet the Press last year?

Here's my response if I'm Harry Reid and Bush asks me for "ideas" on Social Security: "I'm troubled by the push to abolish Social Security. We want to preserve Social Security for future generations." Make it completely clear to anyone listening that this isn't about ideas. This is about whether to abolish Social Security or to keep it. Democrats should poll that question and publicize the 85% "keep" number they would get.

We shouldn't let up on this one because you can be damn sure Bush won't.

This blog is based on a true story.