Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Batman Begins

I can't wait for Batman Begins. I have a feeling we have a great film in store for us. Hopefully this stab at creating a Batman cycle turns out a little bit better than the last one. It's amazing when you think about, but in less than 200 minutes of screen time after Joker fell from the cathedral steeple, we went from cool, edgy hyperbole to pathetic, campy, claptrap worse than anything Adam West could have ever dreamed of.

I hope that after this film, they can keep their hands firmly on the steering wheel of this bus. For some reason, the Batman franchise has a tendency to veer into the great sewage ditch of bad jokes and gray tights.

This blog is based on a true story.